1 Research Project Grant position
(Deadline October 24th, 2019 12:00 )
Neuroimaging, brain imaging, data processing
Participation in the research activities of the MOMILAB research group and support to CCSN PhD student research projects related to the investigation of the behavioral and neural correlates of mental functions. The candidate will be involved in research projects relying on the specific use of brain imaging methodologies, biometrics and other technologies, and should demonstrate an appropriate knowledge of different methodological approaches. In particular, the MOMILAB research group is recently applying and developing advanced methodologies (e.g., multivariate approaches, representational geometries, network and connectivity measures, etc.) to functional fMRI and M/EEG data. The candidate is specifically required to significantly contribute to employ and develop these advanced methodologies to the research protocols developed in the MOMILAB, particularly related to sensory processing and motor control, semantic representation and knowledge organization.
In particular, activities will regard:
- Experimental setup of behavioral and brain functional studies (fMRI, M/EEG);
- Analysis of behavioral data;
- Analysis of brain functional data using univariate and multivariate processing analyses;
- Development of novel methods for advanced data processing in brain imaging;
- Statistical and computer programming;
- Finalize scientific project proposal and articles.
IMT Lucca invites applications for a Research Fellowship in Neuroimaging and advanced imaging data processing. IMT Lucca is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to join the MOMILAB research group. The group is interested in investigating the neural mechanisms underlying perceptual, cognitive and affective processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting behavioral and brain functional studies (fMRI, M/EEG), for analyzing behavioral and brain functional data using univariate and multivariate processing analyses, for developing novel methods for advanced data processing in brain imaging.
“Chain the Brain: the endophenotype of serotonin dysfunction in violent offenders and psychopaths”
- Master Degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, Medicine or other fields related to the topic of research. (preferably acquired in the last 6 yrs);
- Research experience in the field of advanced data imaging processing, specifically related to fMRI and M/EEG data. Articles published in peer-reviewed journals and in conference proceedings in the pertinent fields
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Research experience with brain imaging approaches of a minimum of 3 years;
- Ability to work independently to produce research of international standard and to cooperate with other members of the MOMILAB research group and external collaborators;
- Excellent statistical and computer programming (i.e., Matlab, C++, Python, etc.) skills.
Job Research Unit:
Job Contract Type:
Borsa a progetto - Project fellowship
Apply ONLINE only.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).