critical edition; critical digital edition, codicology, textual criticism, philology
In the framework of the European project ERC-AdG “Philosophy on the Border of Civilizations and Intellectual Endeavours: Towards a Critical Edition of the Metaphysics (Ilahiyyat of Kitab al-Shifa’) of Avicenna (Ibn Sina)”, acronym PhiBor (Grant Agreement n° 339621), the activity encompasses: textual collation on the basis of digital reproductions of manuscripts stored within the “PhiBor Data-entry system”; realization of the critical edition of parts of the Avicennian Metaphysics through a web-based editor; indexing of manuscripts images stored in the PhiBor data entry system
The applicant must hold a master's degree in Humanities. The candidate must prove from her/his curriculum vitae and from an interview:
- familiarity with the fundamental principles of textual criticism
- good codicology skills, and good skills in reading and interpreting Arabic philosophical manuscripts
- good computer skills in word-processing and in the use of data entries.
In addition, it is required an excellent knowledge of English and classical Arabic.
Master's degree in Humanities, familiarity with the fundamental principles of textual criticism, good codicology skills, and good skills in reading and interpreting Arabic philosophical manuscripts, good computer skills in word-processing and in the use of data entries. In addition, it is required an excellent knowledge of English and classical Arabic
Apply ONLINE only.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).